Fortinet is a global leader and innovator in Network Security. Our mission is to deliver the most innovative, highest performing network security platform to secure and simplify your IT infrastructure. We are a provider of network security appliances and security subscription services for carriers, data centers, enterprises, distributed offices and MSSPs. Because of constant innovation of our custom ASICs, hardware systems, network software, management capabilities and security research, we have a large, rapidly growing and highly satisfied customer base, including the majority of the Fortune Global 100, and we continue to set the pace in the Network Security market. Our market position and solution effectiveness has been widely validated by industry analysts, independent testing labs, business organizations, and the media worldwide. Our broad product line of complementary solutions goes beyond Network Security to help secure the extended enterprise.
Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, with offices around the world. Founded in 2000 by Ken Xie, the visionary founder and former president and CEO of NetScreen, Fortinet is led by a strong and seasoned management team with deep experience in networking and security.
Our Platform Advantage
Fortinet's flagship Network Security platform, FortiGate, consists of physical and virtual appliances that provide a broad array of security and networking functions, including firewall, VPN, anti-malware, intrusion prevention, application control, Web filtering, anti-spam, DLP, WAN acceleration, and WLAN control. FortiGate appliances, from the FortiGate 30D and 90D for small businesses all the way up to the FortiGate 3000 and 5000 series for large enterprises, data centers, and service providers, are based on a common proprietary technology platform:
- FortiGuard – Our large global threat research team discovers new threats and delivers protective services 24x365 across a rich array of consolidated security technologies, including application control, intrusion prevention, Web filtering, vulnerability management, anti-malware, anti-spam and more. By developing and delivering all of our threat research and protection services in-house, we provide you with the fastest and most integrated response to threats. FortiGuard protection is independently validated as highly effective versus today’s advanced threats.
- FortiASICs – Our custom designed ASICs accelerate processing of security and networking functions, to radically boost performance and scalability and provide you with the fastest network security appliance performance available today. This allows you to stay ahead of rapidly growing bandwidth requirements, and prevents your security solution from becoming a choke point in your network.
- FortiOS – Our proprietary operating system provides the foundation for and integration of all security and networking functions. This allows IT managers to deliver consistent and coordinated policies across all security devices, creating a faster and more robust response to threats with a far lower administrative burden. Flexible licensing of FortiOS features gives you the flexibility to deploy what you need, where you need it -- leading to a simpler, easier to maintain infrastructure as well.
- FortiManager/FortiAnalyzer/FortiCloud – Our easy-to-use management platform -- available in hardware appliance, virtual machine, and cloud form factors -- provides centralized configuration, security policy management, aggregate logging, reporting, and forensic analysis for up to 10,000 Fortinet devices.
By integrating and accelerating multiple proprietary security and networking functions with purpose-built FortiASIC and FortiOS, delivering dynamic proprietary security service updates via FortiGuard, all managed through a simple comprehensive management console, Fortinet’s network security platform delivers broad protection against dynamic security threats while reducing the operational burden, response time, and costs associated with managing multiple point products.
Fortinet offers a broad set of complementary solutions that allow customers to further secure and simplify their networks, including:
- Advanced Threat Protection (FortiSandbox)
- Web Application Firewall (FortiWeb)
- Secure Email Gateway (FortiMail)
- DDoS Protection (FortiDDoS)
- Application Delivery Controllers (FortiADC)
- User Identity Management (FortiAuthenticator, FortiToken)
- Endpoint Security for desktops, laptops and mobile devices (FortiClient)
- Wireless LAN and WAN (FortiWifi, FortiAP, FortiPresence, FortiExtender and more)
- Enterprise telephone systems (FortiVoice, FortiFone)
- And more….
Fortinet IPO: Nov 2009
FY 2014 Revenue: $770M
FY 2014 Billings: $896M
Q1 2015 Revenue: $213M
Q1 2015 Billings: $254M
~$1.07B cash and no debt
3rd Largest Network Security Appliance Vendor
196 patents issued
162 patents pending
200+ awards, including:
Security Product of the Year
Best Integrated Security Appliance
Best IPS solution
Top Mid-market Solution
5 ICSA security certifications
NSS recommended (FW, NGFW, IPS, ATP)
ISO 9001 certified
Fenwick & West LLP
Mountain View, California
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
San Jose, California